Dearest Family,
This has been a wonderful week because we have seen all of our posterity--not all at the same time but we have had opportunity to visit face to face with everyone of you! It was great having Mike, Desi, Emily, and Mordecai with us and we hope they had a safe trip home on Tuesday. Melody and Brandon were here until Saturday morning so that gave us time with them. They enjoyed playing with every family on both sides. Tuesday was spent with the Eliasons going to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House and visiting with them in the afternoon then attending the Jordan River Temple that evening for an endowment session. Wednesday they floated down the Provo River on inner-tubes with Julie and Jason. Thursday they visited with us at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and we got to have lunch with them. We appreciate the deep-cleaning they gave our home during the day. They spent the evening with Kelsey, Ben, and their new nephew Samuel Clay Dean.
Thursday night Neal, Katrina, Daniel, and Anna flew in from New York. Friday was a talking day for them though John and I had a regular work day until 4:00 PM. Karen Keetch came over in the afternoon to visit. We had spaghetti dinner with crunchy French bread from Kristilyn and yummy Oriental salad from Kim. It was a talking night with all of our family here except Mike's family. We had planned to go to a park but it worked out that we just sat around the house and visited. We did take pictures. (I LOVE THE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES YOU ARE SHARING!) Julie and Jason decided to stay over night Friday night and Carters, Burminghams, and Roberts talked until 1:00 AM.
Saturday morning, John, Neal, and Katrina did a sealing session at the Jordan River Temple including some Carter family sealings. Julie and Jason took Melody and Brandon to the airport and I tended energetic Daniel and sweet Anna. Before Julie and Jason returned to Provo we watched their wedding video which Jason's brother Steve made. I loved the music, pictures, special effects, and just getting to remember their special courtship and wedding.
Saturday night Keith and Kim had the Carters over and taught them a couple of new games. Talisa and Daniel had a great time. I took some pictures of Kira in her blessing dress. The dress is beautiful. The slip is 100% cotton. The dress is a white crepe which opens completely down the back . The bonnet is very cute but much too large for Kira right now. Her bow and bracelet are cute accessories. We were delighted to get Kira's birth announcement and CD with lots of pictures from the photo shoot.
Sunday has been busy. I went to Branch Council. In our stake they are canceling all the block meetings on Sunday, August 23, so the members can attend the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We're trying to get things settled for those who are actually going on the Stake Trek for those 14-18 at the end of month. I attended RS in the First Ward with Katrina and Anna and it was special to see friends. This evening Carters, John and I went over to visit Brad and Ileen Keele because Kristie Keele and her two boys are in Utah until Tuesday morning and they wanted to visit. Wendy was also there which made it even more special. John and I returned early to get ready for tomorrow and Kristilyn was here to pick up her camera so she went over to Keeles to visit also. Tomorrow will be a long day with choir practice beginning at 6:15 AM and ending with tourist bus tours at the FamilySearch Center until after 8:00 PM but it is fascinating work.
In branch council they were discussion diarrhea because so many people in the branch have had the flu. It was fascinating to hear to euphemisms for it. In English one might say a person has the runs or the trots. In South America they "ride the bicycle." The Aztec Two-Step and Montezuma's Revenge are popular in Mexico but a new one to me was "the scissors dance." I'm improving my Spanish all the time!
Wednesday night I attended an Eagle Court for Stephen DuPaix. The DuPaixs had a family reunion in Idaho from Sunday evening until Wednesday afternoon with ALL of their posterity. They got a family picture at Wheeler Farm on Wednesday afternoon also. It was a joy to visit with their family.
Thursday night I went to a bridal shower for Kim Brooks. She is getting married on August 9. Ryan White is getting married on August 10. Bishop White will perform both marriages.
I know there is a whole lot more to talk about but this will have to do for tonight.
We love you so very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment