Saturday, October 2, 2010

Love Note from Heaven

This week Pres. Monson’s biography was published. I love, honor, and respect him as God’s living prophet on the earth but I didn’t feel a special connection to him. It was my prayer and desire to feel closer to him as a person, not just a position. When I went to Deseret Book at noon to buy To The Rescue, Heidi Swinton, the author, was there writing autographs. As I waited in the long line I began chatting with the girls in the line. One mentioned that there were some personally signed books by Pres. Monson. The one girl offered to save my place while the other girl took me to the unmarked location of the autographed books. As I looked on his signature, it was like a message to me that he would take the time to do something personal and meaningful for someone he would never know. It was a very personal tender mercy that the Lord was listening and answering my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment