Sunday, November 20, 2011

November Blessings 2011

At this Thanksgiving our hearts are filled with gratitude. When I saw the eye surgeon on Friday from the eye surgery on November 10, he commented, “You had a blessing! You have healed much quicker than usual and there is no need to see you again for this problem.” I’m grateful for my eyesight, priesthood blessings, and the faith of my family.

We’ve had a good two weeks with FTM’s. John’s student was a lovely widow from Quebec who spoke English as her second language. She had over 32,000 names in her file and was able to read very difficult old French records. My student was an accredited genealogist from Idaho who served with her husband for years in the Idaho Family History Center who works in Legacy rather than PAF5. In the last three weeks I have been incredibly stretched as I have had to demonstrate and to teach advanced techniques but I have felt the inspiration and instruction of the Holy Ghost as I silently prayed my way through the challenges. Friday was Go Forth Day and we took our students to the Salt Lake Temple with the mission presidency and staff. The spirit was very strong as we did the work for people we had personally researched. I did the work for Ida Robertson from Georgia. There are four daughters in the family and as I have done the baptisms, initiatory work, and now the endowments they are all so eager to make covenants! John did the work for Charles Rogers, born about 1856 in Kent, England—a distant cousin whose family did not go with John Rogers to South Africa. John said there was no doubt that he accepted the work because the spirit was so strong. It is such a blessing to be missionaries and serve on beautiful Temple Square. We have peace and satisfaction in our days though we work very hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment