We’ve had a week of tender mercies. My student was Sister Susan Rasband. She was originally from Heber so I was related to both her and her husband. It was a very fun week. She has done a lot of research in Ontario, Canada, and as we were making some additions and corrections to new.FamilySearch I noticed that one of the contributors to the file was Edna Sandell. Sister Sandell is currently serving in the TZ for the second time and was raised in Ontario, Canada. When I told Sister Sandell, she brought her flashdrive over and they were both able to share information and sources. They are also cousins!
John’s student was Sister Beth Davies, a professional genealogist. When the four of us had lunch together in the COB (Church Office Building cafeteria), Sister Davies asked if we knew an Elder and Sister Rasband from Pleasant Grove who had served a mission in Kauai, Hawaii. Of course! Mom and Dad served there while Sister Davies’ husband was the bishop the ward there. After the Davies lived in Hawaii for four years they moved American Fork, Utah, and attended my parents’ missionary homecoming and exchanged Christmas cards for many years.
The expensive battery for my digital camera was missing from its case on Tuesday and after searching our house, I decided I needed to buy a new one. When Kristilyn came on Friday she asked if I was missing my camera battery because Friday morning it suddenly appeared on the floor in front of her sofa. “I know that it hasn’t been there before this morning!”
No comments:
Post a Comment