June has been a precious month for taking care of family and personal activities. We cherished our family reunion with all of our posterity. I had three special days with my cousin Henrietta Wheeler from Minnesota in the Family History Library. I have scanned many family photographs, letters, and documents and donated many family histories, photographs, and books to the Church History Library so they will be preserved for years to come and be available to many more people. We enjoyed attending the temple, seeing the Manti Mormon Miracle Pageant, and visiting graves of family members in various cemeteries. We have had excellent inservice training from Elder Kucher and Sister Pethel on sources and Family Tree. The counselors to our mission president, Pres. Peterson, were released this week. Pres. Pinon is going to be serving as a temple president in Mexico. The Stalveys are returning to South Carolina. They have given outstanding service to the mission during their tenure and will be greatly missed. Together John and I have indexed over 40,000 names during our mission in addition to our regular assignments. We are enjoying working on the 1940 Census.
No comments:
Post a Comment