Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day!

Dearest Family,
This has been a different week. It's supposed to be warm but we've had severe thunder showers and even hail every day this week except Friday. The lawns and flowers look beautiful. We have full time missionaries these two weeks. John had a humble smart young elder who is a joy to teach. I have a sweet 79 year old sister who comes with a wealth of church experience. In our devotional on Monday, Elder Symbronski said that last month they requested 100 senior missionaries from a Utah County stake to come and serve in the Family History Mission. They were to live in their homes and commute like we do. The need is great.
Wednesday after choir I had a subtle impulse to take home my choir music and practice. I brushed it off but Thursday I was asked to accompany the Women's Choir rehearsal mostly sight reading including some new music I'd never heard. I need to listen to the Spirit better! It was frightening but went well. (There are five accompanists so I never expected to be asked to play, especially on the spur of the moment.) John and I were asked to provided the music for the dinner/devotional for the incoming missionaries in July which will be very nice.
Saturday, our preparation day was spent doing sealings in the Jordan River Temple, visiting with our home teachers Don Wall and Ernie Ward, and providing security for three hours in the afternoon in the Conference Center for the International Art Exhibit which will be there until September. It was interesting to visit with a non-member from Capetown, South Africa, who had created a beautiful portrait of the First Presidency as a thank you for what the church has done for her family. She will be presenting the piece to Elder Uctdorf on Tuesday. We are looking forward to touring the new Church History Library with our students on Tuesday.
Katrina, your mission president Harvey G. Horner and his wife have been called to preside over the Taiwan Taipei Temple. Do you get the Church News? Melody/Brandon and Desi/Mike, do you get the Church News? It was interesting to read about Jason's mission president being called to the Quorum of the Seventy a few weeks ago.
Today I attended Branch Correlation Meeting in the morning then we had our regular block. Tonight there is a baptism for a Spanish family who live across the street from Benches so we are eager to go. We always wave to each other when I go walking.
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Mom and Dad
"There may be things in our lives that make us more or less unworthy of certain privileges. But of one thing we are never unworthy: PRAYER."
(Truman G. Madsen, "Thing Highest in US," p. 85.

No comments:

Post a Comment