Dear Family,
Mom Rogers is the one with the talent to share thoughts, feelings, activities, and keeping people up to date on current events; however, since my student is ill this morning, I thought I would take a minute and surprise everyone (myself included) by sharing a few thoughts.
We are really enjoying each day of our assignment. I have never been more at peace than serving here in this mission. Even when things don't go quite right or the way expected, I have not stressed over it, like I used to at work. It is amazing how the Spirit can calm and teach when we are doing the Lord's work. It is hard to believe how much I have learned over the past four and a half months. I really questioned the inspiration used to assign me to the Training Zone when I knew so little about Family History, PAF, and other programs that we use to train other missionaries. Each week with different students who come from diverse backgrounds (where some know nothing about a computer and some cannot type without having to hunt for each key and hit it one key at a time with one finger to the opposite end where the student is a whiz at the computer and soakes up everything I can teach very quickly) has given me an opportunity to review what I already know and can use as well as having to learn new things that I have not yet used. I am always grateful for patient students who allow me to learn from their needs and challenges to find certain information or ways of obtaining it. It is just another testimony of the fact that this is the Lord's work and He is directing it through his Spirit.
We are so very grateful for the good contact that we have with each of you via phone, email and blogs. It helps us feel so much closer to each of you when we know what is going on in your daily / weekly lives. Pictures are always worth a thousand words to visualize what you are doing.
Katrina, we hope Anna is growing and progressing as well as possible. We hope that you and your family are getting adequate sleep and rest. After having read the book One Tattered Angel, my thoughts are on you frequently, wondering how you are coping with the challenges of this special child of our Heavenly Father. We hope that Daniel is being a helpful big brother and is tender and kind to you both. Neal, we hope that your on-line class is going well and is not overly stressful in your preparations and presentations. We appreciate your great strenght and support in your family.
Mike, we hope your work is going well; we are always eager to hear of your successes in your calling as Elder's Quorum President. We are so glad that you were able to have a sibling get together at your home for the memorial holiday. Desi, you are such a gracious hostess; we always love to be in your home. We were just a little envious that we could not be there to join in on all the fun and I know that the others who could not be there were wishing that they could have been there also. We have heard so many reports of all the fun that everyone had. We really enjoy the video clips of Emily and Mordacai. It is hard to believe how fast they are growing and all the fun things that they can do now.
Kristilyn, I don't know where you find all the energy and patience to give so much love to James and Grant each day. We are so pleased to have you live close by so that we can see your family so frequently. The twins keep things very lively all the time and it is always fun to see the new things that they have learned and are saying. Mark, we hope your work is going well and are praying for your success in passing your board exams that are coming up all too soon.
Keith, what a wonderful blessing to be able to spend four weeks with your family getting well acquainted with Kira in the process. Your chosen profession has been a great blessing to your family and you are obviously a very valued employee. Kim, we are very grateful that the delivery went so well and that you have Keith's help for a short period of time with the addition of another child in your family. We hope that Talisa is adapting well to having a baby sister. We are looking forward to having her in our home for a sleep-over.
Julie, we are glad that you and Jason live close enough that we get to see you from time to time. I admire your desire and efforts to obtain a master's degree. I certainly never had that strong desire and ability that you appear to have to continue to improve your education and skills; what a great blessing that will be in your family's life. Jason, we hope that you are enjoying a short break from school and that you are guided in your career choice so that you will have a happy and productive profession.
Melody, you are such a remarkable person. School has always been a struggle for you, but you have always perservered and accomplished such marvelous goals in your life. You are such a blessing to your ward in what you are doing and well respected in your employment. Brandon, we hope you are also enjoying a short break from the pressures of school. We pray that you will continue to be guided in your career path. I can't even begin to imagine all the effort and work that it takes to become a doctor.
We love and appreciate each of you. You have all accomplished so much good in your lives and married well. It is nice to feel the love of twelve children in our family. May you each have a very happy day.
Love,
Dad Rogers
No comments:
Post a Comment