Eliasons came over to play for a while late Thursday afternoon. They love "railroad tracks" (Blokus) and the ABC floor puzzle. They had two cute Thanksgiving jokes:
Grant: What did the turkey say to the turkey hunter? QUACK, QUACK.
James: What did the turkey say to the turkey roaster? I'M STUFFED.
Julie and Jason came over Thanksgiving night and we enjoyed a charming Christmas movie with them. Friday night they went to "Savior of the World" with Jason's family.
Friday, we tended Kira while Keith and Kim took Talisa to "Tangled," the new Disney version of the Rapunzel. Kira was so fun. She walks around and plays happily. She didn't fuss at all, ate what we gave her for lunch, and went down for a nap without a whimper.
Friday afternoon/evening we met at Keith and Kim's for Wii, ping pong, and pizza. It was fun to have the 10 of us together.
We have had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. It started early because we were released early from the training zone on Tuesday because of the blizzard. We went to the the Jordan River Temple and did baptisms and initiatory that afternoon. Wednesday we stayed home all day and worked on family history and started cooking for Thanksgiving. Thursday and Friday were wonderful Thanksgiving family days. We hope Mike's family had a good time in Wisconsin with Desi's family and Carters traveled safely to Neal's family. Melody successful hosted her own Thanksgiving feast.
It's Sunday afternoon and we have 7-8 inches of snow on the ground already and it is supposed to snow until Monday evening. We went to Lillis and Frank's ward this afternoon where Lillis and Frank sang "I Need Thee Every Hour." They did a very nice job and many, many of the ward members and friends expressed their appreciation. Lillis was frightened but did well.
I've enjoyed these days at home and with the family. My house has been deep-cleaned and the Christmas tree is decorated. I'm eager to get back to my computer in the training zone--even though it means a 5:00 AM wake-up call. I've started certification for the US/Canada Zone and I can't do much more here at home. I love learning new things every day. We had a spiritual time at the temple on Saturday sealing family members on my side. Last week we had inservice training from Jim Greene and various zone leaders which makes us appreciate the work of the other zones even more. Tomorrow we start with new students which is always exciting!
This year I'm especially thankful for having a righteous priesthood holder for a husband. The last couple of students have been single moms and several of the trainers are single, widowed, or divorced. They are exceptional, spiritual, outstanding people that I greatly admire and appreciate. I'm so grateful that I have had a good husband to share the last forty years with. I'm so blessed to have a companion who has always cared for me and for our children in every way he possibly could. It is fun to share our mission experiences and to have a companion with whom I want to spend eternity. We value and appreciate our children and grandchildren, extended family, and precious friends. We enjoy the blessings of the gospel. Life is very good!
No comments:
Post a Comment