We had a wonderful Easter weekend. Sunday evening we had all of our Utah family for dinner. I prepared a ham and everyone brought something. We had a FHE and it was amazing how well Talisa, Grant and James knew the Easter story. Little Kira identified Jesus in every picture. Julie and Jason were responsible for the Easter egg hunt which was fun and exciting. We missed our family that couldn't be with us and hope that they had a good weekend.
In church John sang in a quartet and we sang with the "hymnbook choir." Richard Smith spoke on repentence then Pres. Steve Smith spoke on the atonement. They both brought the spirit. I played the piano for Primary the last two weeks. Monday morning was the Elijah Choir Easter program. We sang 7-8 numbers and Pres. Simmons taught us from the scriptures. "Come Unto Christ" and "This Is the Christ" by the men were particularly moving.
We had call back students last week in the morning then John helped me do some English research in the afternoons so I'm getting some nice citations for my English families too. I'm learning a lot from him! This week and next we will have Church Service Missionaries. We are getting a little tired of the cold weather, snow, and rain and would love to see some blue sky. The flowers are blooming beautifully.
No comments:
Post a Comment