This blog is a new experience for me. Julie set up a blog for us and graciously came and taught us how to use it this week. Now I'm going to try and do it on my own. I can really relate to my students because all day I tell them how to do different things on the computer then expect them to go home and do it on their own.
Saturday John and I drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon, across Guardsman Pass (see photo), and down into Heber. The scenery is magnificent with just a hint of fall color. We saw lots of bikers. They reminded us of Mike and Keith and how much they loved to bike in that canyon together. We stopped in Wallsburg to see Uncle Blaine and Aunt JoAnn Batty. We had a delightful visit. Layne Batty, Blaine's third son, was sustained as a bishop three weeks ago. The view of Timpanogos is from the Heber side.
We continue to have very busy weeks in the Training Zone. We had Church Service Missionaries both last week and will have more again next week so there hasn't been time for call-backs for currectly serving missionaries. We have now trained all of the CSM's in the Orem Data Processing. What an outstanding group they are!
Friday, Kristilyn brought over some peaches which we bottled. James and Grant were great help in putting the empty bottles in boxes. Kudos to Channel 11 for putting Curious George on at 5:00 PM in the evenings. That is the boys' favorite show.
We loved the cute pictures from Desi's trip to Tennessee and the charming pictures of Talisa and Kira.
Love, Mom and Dad Rogers
"The best way I know to strengthen our personal testimonies and protect ourselves from evil is to see to have as many experiences with the Lord as possible." Sheri L. Dew
Way to go Mom! I'm very proud of you for remembering how to post! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we can share your mission and family with you through your blog. Our girls started me on ours and I can almost do it without any help these days. Your background is adorable. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteGreat job mama! Love the pics!
ReplyDelete