Sunday, February 27, 2011

Old Family Rasband and Whitlock Family Pictures

This week we have had some time to organize our own personal files and I've found some treasutres. The really old pictures were probably taken by Aunt Lillian Rasband. Bob (Robert) and George Rasband in Heber between the house and the shed.
Four generation pictures: Cathie (Catharine) Hicken Rasband, Jack holding Bob, and Isabell Todd Hicken.

Grandpa George Thomas Rasband and Grandma Catharine Hicken Rasband with their first two granchildren, Bob and George. George had blond, curly hair.


Mildred Whitlock Rasband holding baby Kathryn Ann Rasband.

Charles Clyde Whitlock, Mildred's father.

Mildred Whitlock and Grant Thomas Rasband in their later years.

Kathryn Ann Rasband as a missionary between 1966-1968 in the Mexican Mission.
This has been a very unusual week for us because we didn’t have students. We have gone seven weeks without any personal research time so this was a golden opportunity to work on our own things We’ve accomplished a lot. I finally finished third level certification for the US/Canada areas of the FHL (2nd and 3rd Floors). The Gold Certification consists of a 90 page book with various problems which have to be researched. I was glad that Sister Gayle Tippetts, a missionary we came in with us who also serves in the TZ, was also working on it because it was very frustrating, hard work with little help other than the answer book. I certainly know a whole lot more about what is contained in the FHL and it is a treasure house! John worked on research on the Stead lines and did indexing. He has done over 8000 names since Thanksgiving. It is absolutely amazing what records are becoming available and every bit of effort helps. We went to the Jordan River Temple three times and had wonderful experiences there. Our extended family is very eager to have their work done.
I was happy to spend time with Kristilyn and James and Grant working on the family video. She has marvelous skills. I’m gathering pictures and she makes them into something wonderful. Thank you all for your help in getting the pictures. John and I spent time organizing our family files here at home which is hard but very necessary. I hope you enjoy some of the pictures we found. Saturday, Julie and Jason came over to watch the BYU-San Diego State game which we enjoyed together. I love to watch when my team wins. We look forward to seeing Talisa and her family today to celebrate her 5th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment